SWM013: Morning Sex
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe to the Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
This week, I’m talking about morning sex, that is sex when you first wake up. Why discuss morning sex? Because there’s a lot going on that people don’t realize I think. I often get asked “why does my husband want sex in the morning?” and so if you ever had that question, or if you’re a husband and are curious why you want sex in the morning, here’s your change to find out why.
Morning sex is good because
- Testosterone, the hormone that drives sexual desire, is at it’s highest in the morning
- Cortisol, the ‘stress hormone’ is lowest in the morning
- Cortisol offsets dopamine, which is required for sex
- So, sex will be better due to lower cortisol
- Sex produces testosterone, oxytocin, dopamine, anti-depressants and anti-stress agents
- Testosterone makes us feel confident, assertive, aggressive (in a good way)
- Oxytocin makes us feel emotionally connected
- Dopamine make us feel like we did something good
- Natural Anti-depressants and anti-stress agents help us feel better about life
- Plus, it’s a good morning exercise
Some of the struggles are
- Switching gears from sleep to sex
- Having sex with the lights on and body image issues
- Kids who are awake
- Morning breath
8 thoughts on “SWM013: Morning Sex”
Morning breath…exactly!! Morning sex is good for mainly men, but we women are olfactory (nose) oriented. If there is a good-smelling man around, I would be happy to follow him around for a while no matter how he looked!! But, unfortunately, as men get older, morning sex is going to be the better option, because of the issues you stated above.
Neither my spouse or me are morning persons. It takes all of our energy just to wake up and get dress for work. No morning sex for us.
Why would morning sex be unfortunate?
I was wondering the same thing. I’m guessing her husband’s morning breath is the cause of her reluctance.
Lol! There is nothing unfortunate about “Senior Sex” any time of the day. When my husband and I were younger we did not have Morning sex either ; but now we do not pass up any opportunity! We have been married 45 years and enjoy each other so much.
We try and keep Saturday morning clear of obligations so we can both sleep till we wake up naturally and then go for it. I always wake up first so I’ll shower or make breakfast for her till she is ready. For her it makes a HUGE difference when she is well rested and morning sex is her favorite. For me, going for it right after waking up sometimes doesn’t work out, I think it’s the low blood sugar in the morning. A drink of juice and I do much better.
Morning sex is awesome, and hard to avoid if you sleep naked. Downside: baby monitors.
We love morning sex. My wife enjoys it because it is early in the day before the trials and tribulations of life can weigh on her and she can relax and have an orgasm. We go slow and enjoy the time we have together unlike at night when we are tired and in a hurry. As for morning breath, once we agree we are going to have morning sex, we take a break and brush our teeth.