SWM001: Welcome to the Sex Within Marriage Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe to the Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
Well, my regular readers have been asking for a podcast for some time, and I’m finally ready to take the plunge. This is our first episode of what I plan to be a weekly podcast. For those who want more information, here are the show notes, or you can listen to the podcast itself. I’m still learning audio production skills, so be patient with me on the sound. I hope it will improve over time. Also, I have a cold, so when that has run its course, that should help as well. Nevertheless, I’d love to hear your feedback on our first episode.
And for all our regular readers, please come out to support us. If you have an Apple product, hit subscribe for iTunes, if you have an android device, hit subscribe for Android, help us spread the word of this new podcast, because every subscribe is a “vote” in the various “featured podcasts” lists. Thank you in advance for helping us help more marriages.
- My name is Jay Dee
- Married to Christina for 14 years this spring
- We have 5 children, ages 9 and down
- Christian Marriage Coach – AnonymousMarriageCoaching.com
- Blogger – SexWithinMarriage.com (this blog) – This podcast is really an extension of that blog
Why talk about sex within marriage from a Christian perspective?
Why talk about sex from a Christian perspective?
- People are going to learn about sex, whether we talk about it or not.
- Do we want to learn from the world? Why, when we could hear from fellow Christians.
- There are a lot of confused opinions, even within Christianity, about what is okay, what is not, what the Bible says about sex, and what it doesn’t.
- Difficult, if not impossible to address these issues from the pulpit.
- Many don’t feel they have anyone they’re comfortable enough with to talk to.
Why talk about sex within marriage?
- Most of the advice you find online, unfortunately, has to do with short term relationships.
- Much of the world treats sex like a recreational activity, and so their suggestions are based purely on pleasure, not on intimacy or keeping a relationship healthy in the long term.
- There is a great need for people to explore sexuality with the goal of creating true, authentic intimacy within marriage
- Too often we, as Christians, when we talk about sex, which is rarely, focus too much on what you shouldn’t do. We focus on the sins without teaching the reason for those guidance. For example, we teach teenagers not to have sex, but fail to explain to them that the reason they shouldn’t have sex is so that they can a better chance at a more fulfilling sex life when they do get married, without having to deal with all the additional baggage of prior sexual partners.
What are we going to discuss on this podcast?
- Marriage, Intimacy, Sex
- Psychology, Physiology, Theology and how they practically play out in a marriage on a day to day basis
- Communication, Behaviours, Tips and Tricks
- Posting audio versions of old blog posts
- Answering listener’s questions (SexWithinMarriage.com/podcast)
- Weekly Published Episodes
- ~15 minutes in length
- Week 7 of our marriage challenges – This week: Start each day with a 30 second hug or some passionate kissing
Until next week!
11 thoughts on “SWM001: Welcome to the Sex Within Marriage Podcast”
I would like to appreciate your efforts. Certainly this will be helpful to many.
Thank you, I hope so.
Awesome! I really want to say Thank You! Thank You for all of your wife’s and your dedication to run this blog and now a voice behind the words!!! This is the BEST and BIBLICALLY TRUTHFUL 100% blog and/or help and information about sex, marriage and intimacy…..and everything in between in all areas of someone’s life. My favorite marriage read. I have dove in to tons of blogs, but your blog speaks truth biblical, all the way.
You’re quite welcome. We’re both glad you enjoy it.
I’m not sure how I feel about the “podcast” idea, don’t understand it…..how is it different than being able to read at our convience??
Well, the podcast you can listen to at your convenience. Some people prefer to listen than read. Some don’t have time to read, but they can listen while they drive. It may not be for you, and that’s okay. You are welcome to keep reading posts and I’ll keep writing them, just as I’ll keep recording podcasts for those that enjoy that medium.
I’m all for a podcast… though the audio quality on this first one was really poor–found it incredibly tough to listen to unless I put headphones.
Even springing for something like the Blue Snowball ($50) mic would do wonders for audio quality…
Actually, I was using an Audio-Technica ATR2100. The microphone wasn’t the problem, it was the input gain. Next episode is much improved, I promise. I don’t have a lot of experience in recording, usually I do live mixes (church audio tech), so bear with me as I climb this learning curve.
Love the podcast. Can’t wait to hear future ones. 🙂
I found this podcast a few weeks ago and I truly believe that God led me to it. I am a single, young woman who has struggled with the idea of sex and often associated it with fear. This podcast helped me heal my outlook on sex and inspired me so much that I want to be a pre-marriage/marriage/sex counselor. Thank you for letting God work in your life. Your ministry is a blessing!
Yay! I’m so happy for you! That’s awesome. Yeah, no one should head into their wedding night with fear. That’s such a sad way to start off your marriage. Thank you for letting God work in YOUR life!