SWM019: How long does a sexual awakening take?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe to the Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
Sexual awakenings are a point where a low-drive, gatekeeper or refusing spouse suddenly realizes that sex is important to the marriage, and that their behaviour needs to change. However, just because there is often a single instant where this realization becomes clear, it can take time, sometimes years or decades, to actually change their behaviour.
- Sexual awakenings are often triggered by something external, a blog post, a podcast episode, a book, course, or conversation
- However, patterns of behavior, like saying “no”, avoiding sex, limiting activities, those can take a long time to change
- Focus on “progress, not perfection”
- It doesn’t need to be instant, it just needs to be in the right direction
- At least momentum is being built in the right direction, but it can take a long time to shed all the moment in the opposite direction