SWM012: Why do married men masturbate?
I wrote a post on this topic a few years ago and thought I’d do a podcast version for those who don’t read the blog, or are new and aren’t aware of my older posts. I believe married men (or women) masturbate for three reasons: Ignorance, Selfishness and/or Addiction.
- They don’t know the damage they are doing to their relationship
- They don’t communicate about sex, and so their spouse either doesn’t know or hasn’t shared how it’s hurting them
- They’ve never been asked to stop
- They’re more interested in an orgasm than a relationship
- It’s easier to get an orgasm alone without a partner
- You don’t have to worry about their feelings or their pleasure
- You can focus on you 100%
- You don’t have to be intimate and vulnerable alone
- Solo masturbation is much “safer, emotionally
- Whatever the reason for starting, they can’t stop
- Their brain is programmed to do it and it’s hard to stop those neuropathways from firing
- They need help to break the cycle, it’s too much for them to fight on their own
- Check out Anonymous Marriage Coaching if you need help freeing yourself from this cycle