Last week, I posted an anonymous question where someone asked how many wives actually like giving oral sex. In the comments, people wanted to know how many husbands actually like giving oral sex. So, I guess this isn’t technically considered an anonymous question, but more a Part 2.
So, I’m going to rely on the same survey data as last time to answer this question.
So, we had 183 husbands fill out the survey. Out of those husbands, 154 said that they, in fact, enjoy giving oral sex to their wives. that’s 84% (compared to 63% of wives).
So, for the reader who commented “I think that if you found a lot of enthusiastic male OS givers, you would close to 90% enthusiastic female OS givers. Double standard for far too long.” – I’m sorry to burst your bubble. Looks like the men are generally quite enthusiastic. In fact, only 2% of husbands said they could “take it or leave it”.
I should also mention that of those left (the 14%), only 1% said they didn’t like to give oral sex. The rest didn’t participate in oral sex, and unanimously they answered that the reason was that their wife wasn’t interested in receiving it.
So, if we exclude them, then we get a nice round number of 95% of husbands who have the opportunity to give oral sex, like to do so. If there is a double standard, I’m afraid the guys are getting the short end of it.
So, let me leave you with some of the comments men made about giving oral sex in the survey:
- I absolutely LOVE giving my wife oral. I am enraptured by her body and cannot get enough of kissing, nibbling, licking, and sucking every part of her.
- Awesome, ain’t it?
- My wife doesn’t give oral sex to me, I do give to her. I would love it, she will not give it.
- It took several years before my wife was comfortable with giving oral sex. I have always enjoyed giving and receiving.
- I get almost as much pleausre out of it as she does. If I could orgams giving her oral, I would get as much pleasure. I like the taste, odor and feel of it. If she feels she needs to shower, I ask her to do it a couple of hours in advance of our making love so the taste and odor are all her and have a chance to bounce back from being washed away. When I am performing oral, I am making love to her vulva; to all of the parts of her body above her knees and below her waist. It never lasts less than 20 minutes, often 30 or better.
- My wife is still unable to orgasm from OS… but I think we’re getting closer… One day… 🙂
- My wife used to give oral sex then shortly after we got got married she said i don’t have to do that any more we’re married now. I still give it to her but she just won’t do it.
- Oral sex is such a pleasurable experience for both my spouse and I.
We find it very intimate.
- I do it for my wife 80-90% of the time. She does it for me about 5-10% of the time. I’ve asked if there’s a reason why and she simply says it hurts her jaws after a few minutes.
- Oral is only ever me to my wife. She has never tried
- My wife tried to be on the receiving end of oral sex, but she really didn’t like it very much. She much prefers to give it instead which is fine with me, but it does make me feel bad that I can’t return the pleasure, we’ve talked about this and she says she gets a lot out of giving it to me.
- Oral sex was always a large part of our lovemaking. I’m not sure why things have changed and I have been unable to bring it up. We only have sex maybe twice a month anymore.. I will give her oral sex to climax about every other month, I would do it every time, if I could because I love making her happy and I love her taste…
For the last 4 years or so, she would give me oral sex maybe on my birthday or on fathers day… but the last year those dates have been missed.. It was such an enjoyable and important part of our lovemaking that I miss so much..
- I perform it for her on occasion. She sometimes climaxes that way. She won’t do me. “Doesn’t like it.”
- Unfortunately, my wife hates the smell of her own juices, so me performing oral sex on her is rare, because she won’t kiss me afterwards.
- I would give her oral more if she desired it.
- she will rarely allow it. by rarely- I mean less than 5 times in 20 years.
- I love to perform oral on my wife and tease her, drive her crazy. She apparently doesn’t mind either. I could spend hours going down on her. Just last week she had 2 O’s – a first for her! Her smell and arousal fluids drive me crazy. I have never seen a more beautiful thing than my wife’s special place.
- Can’t answer the last question as my wife does not perform oral sex on me (Note: He answered that he enjoys giving it to her though)
- My wife does not like receiving. But I love giving when she lets me.
- I dont get it but want to . I do give it and liek it and so does she
- Wife receives does not give
- We did it before the wedding while engaged – on each other, multiple times per week. She always swallowed. After the wedding it stopped for a decade. Only this year has she opened up to oral on me … Still working to have her let me do oral on.her again. Soon I hope!
- I love both kinds of oral sex; my spouse is lukewarm on both.
I guess you can tell what my stance on this supposed “double standard” is. In short, the men seem to love giving oral sex, even when they aren’t getting it in return. It’s mostly the wives that seem to be stopping them. At least, in my readership, it seems to be that way. Perhaps it’s different “in the real world”.
26 thoughts on “How many husbands actually like giving oral sex?”
I wonder if hygiene plays a role?
I completely agree. Hygiene plays a huge part of our oral sex routine. If either of us are less clean than we want, it tends to be avoided.
I think in a good marriage, people talk openly about issues like hygiene. In my case, it’s not a factor at all as we’re both open about that. In my case (as a wife) I’ve done everything possible to be as clean and presentable as possible (including full waxing). Some guys are just not into it. Some guys say they’re into it but are hesitant and are terrible at it–and don’t improve over time–despite strong efforts from the wife’s side.
I enjoyed giving it to her in the past. However, she did not try to enjoy it–she thinks OS is gross. 🙁
I absolutely love to give Oral sex. It is the only way she achieves orgasm and they are so intense. I will not let her perform OS or have intercourse until after I make sure she has her orgasm first. OS is a large part of our sex life and the most pleasurable by far.
Sooooo….my husband is in the 0.000025% of men who actually don’t like giving or receiving oral sex?!
Mine too. Although he says it’s fine…he approaches the task like he’s having to defuse a nuclear bomb or something. He just doesn’t ‘get it’…
I am always willing and love to serve her with OS. If only she were willing to receive (or give).
I don’t buy the double standard argument, that is definitely not true for us. It also has nothing to do with grooming or hygiene.
I tried to start doing it but I could feel she wasn’t relaxed. Eventually she confessed that she is uncomfortable with any oral sex either way. It’s not the end of the world as we do other things that she is happy about.
I love giving and receiving… But my wife has such a sensitive clitoris, that during OS I have to make sure never to get close with my mouth. Couple that with an extreme ticklishness on her stomach, inner thighs and sides, it makes OS extremely difficult to do–essentially I’m concentrating on trying not to touch her in these places l, rather than figuring out the things that please her. I’ve given up on it for now, as has she. I’ve tried for so long, hoping that the ticklishness and sensitivity will lessen in time, but it hasn’t. So, OS for her isn’t gonna happen.
I am very surprised, even shocked by the amount of wives who don’t give or receive os. Ladies, ye are missing out on a God given pleasure and depriving your spouse of it also. Your mouth and tongue are more powerful than you may imagine.
Amen!! @Catherine. For years, I use to dislike giving os- i wasted so many yrs of depriving him of that pleasure!!!
My wife and I have enjoyed OS for years. However, she is reluctant now because of recurring UTI that she thinks is caused by OS. I miss this part of our sex life. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, have you found any remedies?
I sometimes think UTIs are related to oral sex. Peeing before and after OS seems to help. In general, drinking lots of water and peeing as often as possible helps get rid of, or prevent UTIs.
I enjoy receiving and giving, my husband rarely offers and I don’t think he particularly enjoys the act or how I taste/smell even after a thorough shower. He doesn’t really like receiving and is very sensitive to how he is touched, he has never climaxed after receiving oral, maybe someday he’ll be into it!
I do not like receiving OS, and am working on better OS to my husband. I’m just not a fan of him being down there.
My comment is that ‘enjoying’ something doesn’t equal to it being ‘enjoyable’ to your partner. For example, I enjoy singing. However, despite my best efforts, I have a voice that is best suited to the shower and nowhere else. What I meant to say is that a lot of men give terrible head…I mean, it’s just downright awful. That is actually a very common complaint among women. So, we’re dealing with different issues. There is the issue of desire/willingness and then the issue of just not having a clue about how to go about it. I think men ‘get’ how to stick their penis in a vagina after awhile but OS is a different thing altogether and is much more nuanced and difficult to work out when giving to women.
Love it! Wish it were a two way street though. I can definitely relate to “guys getting the short end of it” You got that right!!!
My first comment and yes its on the OS thread. I am a fan from both sides. My wife likes receiving it (though for some reason wont admit it), and she is not a fan of giving it (sometimes she does though, but only while im giving. Note: this is a HUGE step for her, and when she does give ive never felt closer to her bc I know its a stretch for her.
I love giving oral to my wife. The truck is getting her to accept it. She does not even need to give it back. I just love making her happy with oral.
I don’t mind giving hubby OS as long as he is clean. I willing wash up for him if he asks, sometimes even if he doesn’t ask. Homestly if I knew it was going to happen I’d be sqweaky clean every time. I love getting OS although don’t like to kiss afterward. 90% of the time it’s the only way I can climax if we skip foreplay which (with a young kid in the house) happens often. Not that my husband isn’t dynomite at other stuff, just takes me too long doing other things to get the libido going. So OS was almost a staple for him to give. He said he liked to give it because my pleasure gave him pleasure. However this has recently changed when he started withholding it as way to get more OS himself. Since he won’t wash up, neither of us are getting it and neither of us is happy.
Have you asked him why he won’t wash up?
Im a husband that loves giving. I give it once or twice a month cause that’s about all she’ll agree to. If I ask her when we are not in the moment, she seems like it’s not her favorite idea, but in the moment she very clearly enjoys it. She won’t give me oral sex at all and I really wish she would every once in a while.
I find it an equisite experience to give oral to my wife. I let her know I’m doing this for her and expect nothing in return.
Dealing with ED (I am 68) and not yet ready to take pills with side effects I have decided that this is the best way, at least for now, to give my wife satisfying times of intimacy with her. She has loved me in so many selfless ways in through the years and it’s my way to return the favor by taking my time and loving her whole body.
To hear her react to what I’m doing is (almost?) more gratifying to me than normal vaginal intercourse. My impression is that she is enjoying it much more intensely, Should I eventually reverse the ED either with pills, supplements or through other means, I’m fairly sure I’ll prefer the eroticism of giving my wife oral sex.
We were married for about 6 years before I asked my wife if I could do the OS to her which she readly agreed to, we both enjoyed it although she did not orgasm and at one point asked me to put it in. We always had gotten our showers before we had sex which was with me giving her oral maybe one a week. I really loved giving it to her although she never orgasm, while I would be licking her clit she would grab my hands and would squeeze as she was enjoying it as was I. While engaging this way, she would bring her feet down and message my penis and soon ask me to put it in, meaning her vagina. We always kissed while making love engaged in this way. Some time, maybe a few years, I approached her in the reverse position and while I was licking her clit she was giving me oral which so good but then at some point she would want me to put it in and that is how we finish with her on her back and kissing until I orgasmed. Only one tine did she give me oral without me also gaining her oral at the same time. This happened as I recovering from a minor surgery and I asked if she would give me orally do me which she so graciously did which was so fantastic, she took me all the way. We were married for 65 years and 5 Months. The last 20 or so years she became less interested in our sex and of course my ability to maintain an erection and our age. I would liked to have started out with oral sooner, maybe our first time but it was good.
My wife passed away at 89-1/2 years, I’m alone now but good memories, children 15 grandchildren and great grandchildren, GOD is good.